USA Hockey Magazine

March 2018

Issue link: http://touchpointmedia.uberflip.com/i/954498

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 20 of 57

MARCH 2018 USAHOCKEYMAGAZINE.COM // 19 "As my grandpa would always say, 'If you're in the trenches who are you going to pick?' And I'm going to pick the [Lamoureux sisters]." enough left in the tank, it's comforting to know that Rooney will most likely return to the U.S. crease four years down the road in China. "You set out to win a gold medal but when you take a step back and think about who you're representing, the people back home that you don't even know and they love that you're repre- senting them, there's so much pride in that," Duggan said before exiting the stage to get the celebration started. "That's what it's about." P "When you think that it's been 38 years since the 1980 Miracle on Ice and 20 years since the 1998 team and to have Angela Ruggiero giving us our medals it seemed like the stars aligned for us it just seemed like it was meant to be," said Monique Lamoureux, one of six players com- peting in their third Olympics. It's too early to tell if this will be the last hurrah for some of the team's veterans. If it is, they are going out on top. But if they decide they have :06 The amount of time it took Jocelyne Lamoureux to score 2 goals, the quickest ever scored by any player, male or female, in Olympic competition history. –Gigi Marvin talking about her longtime teammates

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of USA Hockey Magazine - March 2018