USA Hockey Magazine

January 2017

Issue link: http://touchpointmedia.uberflip.com/i/763257

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 20 of 43

R obby Jackson grew his hair long and secretly hoped to lose his front teeth to emulate San Jose Sharks power forward Mike Ricci, the player he idolized while growing up in Northern California. So, when the Alameda, Calif., native earned a 2015 invitation to participate in the Sharks' developmental camp prior to his freshman season at St. Cloud State University and learned Ricci would be one of his instructors, Jackson felt like a little kid again. And he had to fight the urge to act like the 3-year-old version of himself who had photos taken with his heroes at a Sharks FanFest some 15 years earlier. "It was kind of a weird feeling. I wasn't intimidated at all by the first-round draft picks or top prospects I was playing against in camp, but I was star-struck when Mike Ricci and Bryan Marchment walked into the room," said Jackson, who occasion- ally trains with San Jose players during the summer months. NHL Franchises And USA Hockey Team Up To Turn California Dreams Into Hockey Reality JANUARY 2017 USAHOCKEYMAGAZINE.COM // 19 WAS WON HOW THE WE ST By Jim Leitner

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of USA Hockey Magazine - January 2017